Most people have questions about what property is considered marital and which is separate.  Often this involves ascertaining how and when property was obtained.  We can discuss this and determine the best solution for you.

Other issues include the manner of dividing property.  Often this can be accomplished by the payment of funds from one party to the other.  As for tax deferred accounts, a Court Order will be prepared and filed for the Court’s signature. This will then be forwarded to the appropriate Fund Manager for division.

Real property presents other issues that need addressing.  Often one party will remain in the marital residence.  The entry of a Final Decree does not dissolve the liability of either spouse on the underlying debt on the property.  A Settlement Agreement should address the manner in which the debt will be handled and the

Next Steps…

Please give us a call 703 402-7202 or to send an email, press here

Call to Action